"THREE PIECE" SOLDERING SET
FOR YOUR MAMOD STEAM ENGINE REPAIR OR RENOVATION
Multicore solder (60% tin,40% lead)
You will receive:
1. One tube of wound solder wire which is 1.20mm thickness.
2. 20g tub of quality flux, also known as soldering paste.
3. Solder Sucker, for removing excess solder while still molten.
Not everyone will have soldering experience and if that is you, please read the four steps below.
1. Clean the surfaces to be joined if necessary.
2. Apply a small amount of flux to the area of soldering.
3. Heat using the flame of the butane torch and place the two items together.
4. Apply the solder to the heated brass while maintaining the heat until suddenly it runs.
5. Quickly remove the heat.
6. It is not unusual to have molten solder run to where you don't want it, or to have put on too much.
In this case, reheat and use the solder sucker to literally suck away the solder you don't want.
It is spring loaded and so the solder instantly is drawn into the solder sucker's barrell.
Using a Sucker will be very useful until you become an expert!
Practice makes perfect!
The tub will last you a long time because so little is used for each soldering job.
To solder, you will also need a small butane torch which can normally be found on eBay.