MAMOD SIGHT GLASS ASSEMBLY WITH RIVETS
Mamod Sight Glass Assembly
It's a crucial component for enthusiasts of steam engines. Particularly those who run Mamod models.
Let's delve into the details:
- Purpose and Components:
- The sight glass assembly serves as a visual indicator of the water level within the boiler. It allows the operator to monitor the water supply during steam engine operation.
- The assembly typically includes the following components:
- Gasket Seal: Ensures a watertight connection between the sight glass and the boiler.
- Plastic Perspex Window: Transparent material that allows the user to see the water level.
- Brass Surround: A decorative and protective plate surrounding the sight glass.
- Screws/Rivets: Used to secure the assembly in place.
- The Mamod Standard Sight Glass Assembly is designed to fit newer Mamod models equipped with a sight glass.
- Whether you’re a seasoned collector or a beginner, having a functional sight glass assembly enhances the authenticity and functionality of your Mamod steam engine.
- Installation and Care
- When replacing or installing the sight glass assembly, do it carefully to avoid leaks.
- Regularly inspect the sight glass for any signs of wear, cracks, or leaks.
- Keep the assembly clean and free from debris to ensure accurate water level readings.
- Do all of this and it will give you decades of trouble free running.
In summary, the Mamod Sight Glass Assembly combines functionality and aesthetics, allowing steam engine enthusiasts to appreciate both the engineering and visual aspects of their models. Whether you’re running a Mamod mobile engine or stationary engine, this assembly plays a vital role in the overall experience.
There are two ways for your Sight Glass Assembly to be attached to your boiler.
Either using screws or using rivets. If your boiler simply has holes for the RIVETS then you have come to the right place.
Advice on Fitting the Assembly
If your boiler is newer, then you will need the screws - IN WHICH CASE YOU WILL NEED GO TO OUR "SCREWS" TYPE.
Tip: When fixing the shaped rubber gasket into place you DON'T need to use a gasket sealant.